Submit your paper to EPS at SpringerOpen
EPS welcomes you to submit your papers through SpringerOpen. EPS Journal accepts scientific articles in earth and planetary sciences, particularly geomagnetism, aeronomy, space science, seismology, volcanology, geodesy, and planetary science. Please read the instruction in this page as well as in the submission guideline carefully before you submit the paper to EPS.
Types of Articles and The Guidelines
EPS accepts the following 4 types of articles. Please click the respective types of articles to see the detailed submission guidelines.
- Full Paper : An original full-length manuscript
- Express Letter : A brief report of research findings for rapid publication
- Frontier Letter : An invited letter on frontier research
- Technical Report : A report on a software tool; an experimental or computational method, test, or procedure; or a hardware design
Templates and formats
Please download and use the following templates to make the publication process easier.
- Submitting with MS Word
- If you plan to submit your paper with MS Word, please use the following template.
- Submitting with TeX file
- In the case of a submission in TeX format, the LaTeX template file should be used with a class file and a dependent style file. During the TeX submission process, please submit your TeX file as the main manuscript file and your bib/bbl file as a dependent file. Please also convert your TeX file into a PDF, and submit this PDF as a supplementary file with the name “Reference PDF.” This PDF will be used by internal staff as a reference point to check the article layout as intended by the author. Please note that all figures must be coded at the end of the TeX file and not inline.
Word limit for Express letter
An Express Letter is a brief report of research findings adequate for the journal’s scope and of particular interest to the community. The maximum length of Express Letters is 5000 words including the title page, abstract, keywords, main text, declarations, references, figure legends and table legends. The sum of the number of figures and tables should be less than or equal to 5.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
|Full Paper/Express Letter/Technical Reports
No taxes are included in this charge. Please check here
The APC for members is applicable when a corresponding author belongs to any of the five societies that co-publish EPS.
APC Flow Chart
Important Notes for Payment Options
During the submission process to SpringerOpen
, you will be asked to choose one of the following three payment options
just before you upload your manuscript:
- I accept responsibility for paying the €1,200 processing charge on this article
- I believe that I am covered by an institutional membership arrangement and wish to request institutional payment or discount (as applicable)
- I would like to request a waiver of the article-processing charge for this article
In order to receive the maximum benefit of the APC discount, you need to choose the appropriate payment option
corresponding to your status. Please review each of the following conditions.
- [General Notes]
- [Society Members] Full Papers/Express letters/Technical Reports
- If you belong to one of the societies that co-publishes the journal, you need to enter the name of your society and membership number at a previous step, and please choose the 2nd Option. As an account number, you also need to enter the Submission Code for the journal that was provided from the society.
- [Non-Members] Full Papers/Express letters/Technical Reports
- Please choose the 1st Option.
- Frontier Letters
- If you are submitting a frontier letter invited by the editor-in-chief of the journal and have chosen “frontier letter” as the article type, you will see the message “No payment is required as this article is a frontier letter“. In the cover letter, you also need to clarify that you are an invited author and the APC is free.